Our principles of operation
Availability of an efficient system for collecting packaging, worn out electrical equipment and environmentally harmful products for all residents of Latvia
The objective of the Latvijas Zaļais punkts
AS Latvijas Zaļais punkts (the Latvian Green Dot) was established on January 11, 2000 and it is the most experienced producer responsibility organisation in Latvia. Since its creation, Latvijas Zaļais punkts has taken care of the management of packaging waste. Since 2006, the Latvijas Zaļais punkts is also responsible for the management of worn out electrical equipment and goods harmful to the environment.
Latvia – country without waste.
Everything is sorted,
Everything is recycled,
Everything has its value.
The vision of the Latvijas Zaļais punkts
We do realise that waste is inevitable, but our aim consists in turning it to values, rather than letting it pile at waste landfills. We are for Latvia without waste landfills. We are for Latvia with segregated and recycled waste with new value added.
Inspire to do more while spending less.
The mission of the Latvijas Zaļais punkts
We are convinced that responsible and smart resource usage helps to save both companies and each inhabitant of Latvia. Spending less is not about stagnation, it is about development and higher standard of living. We are for smartness, responsibility and development.
Values of the Latvijas Zaļais punkts
- Single availability of services: the clients need to have services available in one place. Professional staff and easy communication with the company.
- A stable, professional company offering efficient service management, the company’s employees are experts in their fields, and the company operates in accordance with business ethics principles.
- Clean and tidy environment and social responsibility: rational use of natural resources, waste sorting on a daily basis, and collecting electrical appliances and environmentally harmful goods for recycling. Organising and supporting educational events; sustainable development. Common benefits to the society; taking responsibility for own actions.
Quality and environmental management policy of the integrated management system of the Latvijas Zaļais punkts
The goal of the Latvijas Zaļais punkts is to comply with the regeneration standards laid down in the EU directives through performing the following actions:
- Implementation of voluntary producer responsibility principles in the management of packaging waste, environmentally harmful products and electrical and electronic equipment waste.
- Optimisation of the environmental protection and waste management process.
- Development of a long-term strategy for the implementation of regeneration programmes of packaging waste, environmentally harmful products and electrical and electronic equipment waste and public education on efficient use of resources.
The Latvijas Zaļais punkts is helping the State meet its obligations regarding separate collection of waste and recycling using a management system which is in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 International standards.